Friday, May 03, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Brave


Brave is the sitting back and watching God as He mends the broken pieces of your life back together.

Brave is the letting go and letting Him. We all face these kinds of moments in our every day, but many of us still have pieces of ourselves lost and broken in the wilderness of our past. Brave.

Sit back. Read Scripture and let the verses on the pages of His word mend you, heal you and set you free. That’s what it was like for me. Some forgiveness. Some clarity. Some peace of mind. All to set me on the straight and narrow of the path He had for me since before I was born.

Brave. In the letting go. And letting Him.

Brave is also in the minute details of our lives. Brave was when despite my daughter’s tears and yells of frustration, I kept her in the tub to try and remove the cradle cap from her scalp. Yes, my daughter, I know you don’t like this. Brave was the calmness of my voice, and the whispers of my love through her tears and the continuation of the task we had to get done.

Isn’t that what God’s healing is like? He takes us into places that are uncomfortable. That get us frightened. That make some of us cry inwardly, while some of us yell out uncontrollably. But brave is in the walking down that road with Him anyway. But perhaps, He is the One Who is brave. He walks us through our dark valleys because He knows we must get to the other side.

He is our Brave.


1 comment:

Denise said...

I love this, bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...